World Water Day Gasparilla Island 2015

WWD Gasparilla Island


Every living thing needs it to survive.

97% of the Earth’s water can be found in our oceans. Of the remaining 3% nearly 70% is locked up in glaciers and icecaps.

The remaining 30% of freshwater is groundwater found beneath our feet. Approximately 0.3% is found in rivers and lakes and .01% of all water is trapped in our atmosphere.

This means the water source that most of us know, rivers and lakes, accounts for less than one percent of all the freshwater that exists on Earth according to the National Ocean Service.

87% of consumptive water worldwide is reserved for agriculture most of which is returned to the environment as contaminated byproduct of industry or waste.

Fresh and unpolluted water accounts for only 0.003% of total water available globally.

This March 22nd we want you to join us for World Water Day Gasparilla Island 2015.

The Native Now Foundation has registered Gasparilla Island as a participating partner in a global effort to recognize our connection to water and it’s importance in the survival of the human race and every other living thing on this planet.

A day of fellowship, meditation and contemplation will take place on the beach at 1st street on Gasparilla Island from 1:00pm to 6pm at the edge of the Gulf of Mexico.

The event is free and participants are encouraged to pack in food and water and pack out any and all trash created or found on the beach and surrounding area.

Hooked on SUP will be sponsoring free paddleboard demos and yoga on the beach by Stephanie during the event.

The Gulf is a critically important marine habitat and source of economic stability not just for our region but also for communities worldwide.

As residents along such an important resource it is incumbent upon us to make sure this environment remains strong and healthy enough to help support future generations.

If we each do our part we can #ProtectSacredWater

Visit our Facebook event here

Visit the global website here


Event: World Water Day Gasparilla Island 2015

When: Sunday March 22 2015

Where: 1st Street beach, Gasparilla Island

Time: 1:00PM to 6PM

Cost: Free

Bring your family, friends, food, drinks and prayers to share.

If you cannot attend but would like to participate or sponsor this event and others like it contact the Native Now Foundation at (877) 903-4889

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *